Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dropbox

For me, Dropbox is just simply the best cloud storage service out there. Download it at this link:
http://db.tt/8wdZfs9
It comes with 2Gb free storage and if you refer a friend, even a Windows user, both of you earn an additional 0.25Gb free. Keep referring more friends and you can earn as much as 8Gb free for a total of 10Gb free storage in the cloud. On top of that, Dropbox would usually hold some online challenges for which you can even more than 8Gb free extra storage. This is not to say that other similar services don't provide the same or better free offerings, but Dropbox has just been the most consistently reliable and the fastest service I've ever used. I've tried 2 other services but I'm not going to recommend them here just yet.

You can also utilize Dropbox's paid services as well which give you 50Gb or 100Gb for a US$9.99 or US$19.99 monthly fee, respectively (or US$99 or US$199 yearly fee, respectively).

For me, Dropbox has been my online backup, and my replacement to USB flash drives. Remember having to transfer files from one computer to another by copying them to a flash drive and then uploading them to the target computer? That is such a big hassle, not to mention how much time it takes to do all that particularly with very large files or groups of files. 

With Dropbox installed on my work PC (a Windows machine), my home laptop (a Mac), and on my smartphone (Dropbox has mobile apps for Android or iOS - so it works on tablets as well), I am able to save time I would've needed to use for file transfers, and then I can restart my work anywhere from where I left off, and access all my files on the go with the mobile app.

It is just great. It is just necessary. If you haven't yet, download it first to your system. Again, the link is:
http://db.tt/8wdZfs9
Here's to additional free storage space for the both of us. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment